Marling enables the voices of thousands of citizens to create forms through spectacular effects that hang in the air above the crowd, forming a delicate, intricate ceiling of animated colour.
Simply set up and performed using lasers, microphones and custom-built software, Marling enables thousands to witness and participate in the collective experience of building an urban scale “aurora”. Umbrellium’s unique collaboration tactics enable community groups to participate directly in the realisation and performance of the spectacle.
In Marling, people become players on the urban stage, together bringing to life a large outdoor public space through their actions and sounds, and building a – sometimes indescribable – shared public memory of collaboration that lasts long after the event. Members of the public generate spectacular three-dimensional effects using their voices, forming a delicate, intricate ceiling of animated colour that hangs around and above the crowd.
- Night-time event and spectacle for thousands of people
- Audio system coupled with high spec laser machine designed for outdoor usage
- Highly mediagenic experience that generates a lot of publicity for an event
As a result of the event, several thousands participants will:
- Actively participate every night
- Contribute to and feel ownership for the spectacle
- Help turn public spaces into an engaging and inviting outdoor interactive environments
- Collectively design and transform their own cityscape
- Large outdoor public spaces and urban squares
- Festivals and interactive events
- Temporary or semi-permanent installation at expos