Augmented BMS connects a Building Management System (BMS) to an ‘augmented reality’ virtual avatar through which people make sense of their building environment, sensors and data.
Most new buildings have a Building Management System (BMS) to handle its sensors, environmental & sustainability infrastructure, but occupants have little interaction with them. Augmented BMS connects these systems to an ‘augmented reality’ virtual animal through which people learn & make meaningful decisions about their building, nourishing & interacting with the mascot-like animal as it roams the premises.
- AR mirror hardware & software which connects to existing BMS
- Backend software, which integrates with existing BMS
- Engagement sessions with occupants and stakeholders
- Optional smart phone / Chrome laptop app which connects to existing BMS
- Custom-made digital character and behavior
By deploying this system, building occupants will:
- Be more aware of how their actions affect a building’s environment and energy use
- Have better understanding of energy behaviours
- Take action to reduce the building’s overall energy use
- Feel more sense of agency in sustainability issues
- New build or existing buildings with sustainability and sensor systems or a BMS
- Built environment where conventional dashboards have had little effect on behaviour change
- Multiple-occupancy urban environments where multiple stakeholders need to understand and/or make decisions about energy usage