Assemblance is a collaborative immersive environment built on motion tracking, laser, audio and tactile output systems to enable three-dimensional interactive light-structures to be sculpted collaboratively by people's gestures and movements.
Assemblance is a collaborative immersive environment that acts as a ‘playground’ for smart city interaction, using computer-controlled lasers to generate three-dimensional forms in air manipulated by people with their hands, feet, and bodies. An intensely collaborative experience, people interact with each others’ forms and spaces through sweeping gestures and gentle movements that leave walls of light behind and around them, building complex structures, or destroying them if they’re not careful. Structures are more stable and resilient when built together, and help uncover hidden ‘easter eggs’ in the space.
- Computer-controlled lasers, uses light as a physical material to construct forms in 3d space
- Sophisticated gesture tracking
- Structures are more stable and resilient when built together with other people
- Tourable, requires installation in large dark spaces
- Experiment with a variety of collaborative strategies
- Build trust between people
- ‘Otherworldly’ experience that is more physical than ‘augmented reality’
- Spectacular exhibition piece
- Experimental technology showcases
- High profile interactive installation for events